DAVID A. CONTI
David holds a B.A. in International Politics from Pennsylvania State University (2000) and a Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Boston University (2004). He was named a partner of the firm in October 2022.
David concentrates his practice on civil litigation, including condominium and real estate, securities, and business disputes. He has practiced before all levels of Massachusetts’ state courts, as well as the Massachusetts’ Federal District Court and Bankruptcy Courts, in addition to the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas.
In addition, David has conducted arbitrations and mediations before the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association (REBA) and American Arbitration Association (AAA). He also handles securities matters with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in which he represents individuals, financial advisors, and broker-dealers.
David also regularly counsels individuals and businesses on issues ranging from formation of business entities and employment issues, to protecting and preserving trade secrets and intellectual property.
David is a member of the Massachusetts and Pennsylvania bars, admitted to practice before all levels of the state and Federal Courts in both states.
David serves as a board member and advisor of the non-profit organization Boston Athletic Academy, run by former Red Sox player, Manny Delcarmen. Boston Athletic Academy helps local children from underserved communities through programming that fosters athletic excellence while providing academic support and future planning.
- Won a judgment of non-discharegability in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court under 11 U.S.C. §523 precluding the discharge of the client’s judgment.
- Awarded Summary Judgment enforcing his clients’ rights under a Joint Venture Agreement to develop a $4.5 million subdivision in Reading.
- Achieved settlement of client’s claims against insurance company for violating M.G.L. c. 176D, resulting in a substantial increase in the monetary value of the insurance payout seven-fold.
- Granted a Preliminary Injunction by the Massachusetts Land Court permitting client to continue to use a disputed area of land in an adverse possession case.
- Completed settlement of clients’ claims against real estate developer, resulting in payout of over $800,000 shortly after filing suit.
- Precluded amendment of a complaint pending before the Massachusetts Federal District Court where the plaintiff sought to add claims against his client under M.G.L. c. 93A.
FAMILY AND INTERESTS
David was born in Half Moon Bay, California, before moving east to Pennsylvania, where he grew up. David is married to Amelia Klein, and they have daughter, Cora. His family divides their time between Boston and Philadelphia.
David is an avid skier, enjoys SCUBA diving and live music and travels as often as possible.